Residential land development activity
The Residential Land Development Activity report provides summary information about activity levels for different stages of the land subdivision process in South Australia. The report includes information at local and state government levels on:
- proposed allotments in land divisions
- approved allotments in land divisions
- completed allotments in land divisions
- building approvals
- other summary information including; median lot size, share of infill versus greenfield development.
The report is published six-monthly to coincide with the availability of data for the end of calendar and financial years.
Allotments created from land division applications can be viewed in Location SA Map Viewer or downloaded as a spatial layer from Data.SA.
Residential broadhectare land supply
The Residential Broadhectare Land Supply report provides information about the amount, ownership and distribution of broadhectare land in residential zones of the Greater Adelaide region and selected rural townships.
The report monitors:
- the level of supply
- location and ownership of available broadhectare land in the Greater Adelaide region and selected rural townships
- current land division applications
- state government land for release
- annual broadhectare consumption.
Residential broadhectare land can be viewed in Location SA Map Viewer or downloaded as a spatial layer from Data.SA.
You can receive notification of the release of new reports by sending an email to DPTI.PDPlanningInformation@sa.gov.au.
Minor Infill - residential demolition and resubdivision activity
Minor infill refers to sites less than 4,000m2 involving the permanent removal of a dwelling (demolition), or resubdivision of a parcel to create an additional allotment/s with the original dwelling retained (resubdivision). It is estimated that minor infill represents around one-third of the total dwelling stock growth in metropolitan Adelaide each year.
Housing and employment land supply program
The housing and employment land supply program guides the effective management of land supply in South Australia for residential, commercial and industrial purposes.
The program report:
- monitors the implementation of the 30-Year Plan for Greater Adelaide
- identifies the total amount of land needed and sets annual rolling targets to reflect changes in the market and changes to the rate of population growth
- serves to ensure there is land capacity to meet annual housing and employment targets and the capacity is spread equitably across the region
- helps infrastructure agencies with planning to ensure that infrastructure and urban development is effectively and efficiently coordinated
- provides a spatial guide to local government to help align regional implementation strategies.
The report also identifies actions that state and local governments can take over a five-year period to implement planning policies and ensure that land supply meets demand and the necessary infrastructure can be provided.