The pre-lodgement service was introduced to development in metropolitan Adelaide to improve design and planning outcomes. The pre-lodgement service is a free, voluntary and confidential process in which proponents and key decision-makers work together to streamline development applications. The service aims to:
- reduce assessment time of development proposals
- provide progressive certainty by resolving planning and design issues up front
- facilitate pre-lodgement agreements that eliminate the need for agency referrals
- allow proponents to obtain feedback from DAC during the development of their proposal
- advise proponents on how to submit a complete application when and where as required.
Where the Pre-lodgement Service Applies
The pre-lodgement service is available for developments that meet the criteria below.
- Inner Metropolitan Adelaide - Five storeys or more in height within the Urban Corridor Zone as described in the Council Development Plans of:
- Holdfast Bay - five storeys or more in height within the District Centre (Jetty Road) Zone and Residential High Density Zone (view Development Plan)
- Port Adelaide Enfield - $3 million in value or more within the Port Adelaide Regional Centre Zone (view Development Plan).
View map of areas eligible for the pre-lodgement service (PDF, 993 KB)
Apply for the Pre-lodgement Service
You can request the pre-lodgement service at any stage of your proposal by making an appointment with the DPTI investment team. Please note the service is usually most effective when accessed in the early stages of a proposal.
Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure
Level 2, 211 Victoria Square
Adelaide SA 5000
Phone: (08) 7109 7161