Kangaroo Island - Golf Course Resort
The proposal is for the development of an international standard, links-style golf course resort on Kangaroo Island, by Programmed Turnpoint Pty Ltd.
The proposal comprises
- An 18-hole, championship-length golf course and associated international standard practice facilities.
- Clubhouse and dining/functions facilities, with associated parking. The clubhouse facility also includes 20 accommodation suites (tourist accommodation).
- Accommodation lodges, comprising 20 twin-bedroom suites with self-contained facilities.
- Staff accommodation ( for up to 10 staff), including a separate dwelling for the golf superintendent.
- Discreetly located maintenance compound (including a 1200 square metres maintenance shed) to accommodate golfing equipment, wash-down bays, green-keeping machinery and general back-of-house storage requirements.
- Five freehold, residential allotments, which could be used for limited unit/villa development and leased back to the golf course when not in use by the private owners. The residential component would be developed during stage 1, to be sold to assist the financing of later stages of the development.
- New entry road from Hog Bay Road, incorporating road-widening/slip lanes (as required) to provide access to all elements of the proposal.
- Power and water supply to the site, including a water storage dam (and potentially including wind and solar technology to augment existing power supplies).
- Storm water and sewage infrastructure for the capture, treatment, storage and reuse of recycled water throughout the development (where possible).
- A costal walking trail.
Assessment stages and documentation
Stages and documentation are listed in chronological order, from most recent to original declaration:
|Stage of assessment process||Date ▼||Documentation|
Governor's delegated decision
30 May 2017
Government Gazette dated 30 May 2017, page 1956
18 February 2016
Government Gazette dated 18 February 2016, page 535
Assessment report by Minister
18 February 2016
Release and response document by proponent to public and agency comments on PER document
17 September 2015
General Public Submissions (PDF, 32348 KB) - excludes non-public submissions
Release of assessment document by proponent for public comment
14 May 2015
Release of guidelines by Development Assessment Commission with level of assessment determined
31 July 2014
Declaration as major development
19 February 2014
Government Gazette dated 19 February 2014, page 535