Nora Creina - Golf Course and Tourism Resort
The proposal is for the development of an international standard, links style golf course and mixed tourism resort near Nora Creina (approximately 15 kilometres south of Robe) in the South East region, by South East Abalone Pty Ltd.
The proposal comprises:
- 36 hole international standard golf course (links style), comprising a 'Red Course' (Stage 1) and a 'Blue Course' (Stage 2), and associated practice range and greens.
- Golf course maintenance facility.
- Clubhouse, including bar, lounge, pro shop and associated parking.
- Tourist accommodation complex, including restaurant and retail facilities. The accommodation is anticipated to comprise four-star hotel-style accommodation (two storey), with 20 rooms provided initially. A limited number of exclusive, high-end tourist accommodation opportunities would also be provided within the site.
- Abalone farm, including caretaker's residence.
- Boutique Wagyu beef farm and boutique vineyard.
- Recreational facilities, such as nature trails and for recreational fishing and diving.
- Infrastructure, including an access road, wastewater treatment plant, water supply (including storage dams) and three-phase power supply.
- Stormwater and sewage infrastructure for the capture, treatment, storage and re‐use of recycled water throughout the development (where possible).
Assessment stages and documentation
Stages and documentation are listed in chronological order, from most recent to original declaration:
|Stage of assessment process||Date ▼||Documentation|
28 November 2017
Government Gazette dated 28 November 2017, page 4722
Assessment report by Minister
28 November 2017
Release of the Nora Creina Response Document by the Proponent
11 October 2017
Release of the Public Environmental Report (PER) for the Nora Creina Golf Course and Tourism Resort by the proponents Justin Scanlon and Damian Scanlon for public and agency comments
27 January 2016
Release of guidelines by Development Assessment Commission with level of assessment determined
24 November 2014
Declaration as major development
4 March 2014
Government Gazette dated 4 March 2014, page 1226