Development Assessment Regulations and Practice Directions
16 Jan 2019
The draft Regulations that set out how the new development assessment framework will operate in the new planning system are now available for public comment. Consultation is open until Friday 1 March 2019.
Key features of the new development assessment system:
- ability to undertake more types of common home improvements without needing planning approval
- new requirements to advertise and erect signage on the site of a proposed development
- longer periods of times to respond to a neighbour’s development application
- more certainty in how a development application is assessed, and by whom.
The Department has chosen to seek comment on these particular Regulations to build a greater understanding of the key elements of the new development assessment framework, and ensure transparency.
- Comment on the Regulations via the YourSay website.
- Learn more about Assessment Pathways in the new planning system
- Learn more about Building Reform in the new planning system
- Visit Have Your Say to see other matters on consultation