Phase one of the Planning and Design Code released on consultation
05 Feb 2019
The State Planning Commission and the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure have released the first phase of the Planning and Design Code (the Code) on consultation.
The Code is the cornerstone of South Australia’s new planning and development system and will offer a single set of planning ‘rules’ for assessing applications across the state.
The Code will replace all South Australian Development Plans by mid-2020.
Phase one of the Code applies to the outback regions of South Australia and proposes changes to planning rules and policy that better meet the needs of rural South Australians and address planning issues relevant to land outside of council boundaries.
Key changes include the mapping of buffers around vital outback infrastructure and new safety measures to mitigate the risk of bushfire and acid sulphate soils.
Following consultation on the Code in the outback, consultation will open on the Code in regional council areas in mid-2019 and will move to metropolitan council areas in late-2019.
Consultation on the Planning and Design Code in the outback is open from 5 February 2019 until 29 March 2019 (5.00pm).
Community information sessions will be held in Coober Pedy, Andamooka, Marree and Yunta in early March 2019.
- Read the Code that is on consultation (PDF, 2443 KB)
- View the map of proposed zones and overlays
- Download the submission form (DOCX, 77 KB)
- Make an online submission on YourSAy
- Learn more about the Planning and Design Code
- Phase One of the Planning and Design Code for Consultation - Practitioner Guide (PDF, 701 KB)
- Phase One of the Planning and Design Code for Consultation - Community Guide (PDF, 700 KB)
- State Planning Commission Media Release (PDF, 244 KB)