Smith Bay, Kangaroo Island - Deep Water Port Facility
25 July 2019
The proposal for a deep water wharf at Smith Bay, Kangaroo Island is being assessed under the Major Development provisions of the Development Act 1993.
In July 2017, the then Development Assessment Commission determined the level of assessment to be an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and set Guidelines for the assessment.
The EIS document was on public consultation from 28 March to 28 May 2019 and submissions have now closed. All submissions have been provided to the applicant who must prepare a Response Document that responds to all issues raised during the consultation period. The Response Document will be made publically available for information in due course.
Obtaining the EIS
The EIS document can be read online via the sa.gov.au website.
Copies of the EIS are also available for viewing at the following locations:
- Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, Level 5, 50 Flinders Street, Adelaide
- Kangaroo Island Council, 43 Dauncey Street, Kingscote, Kangaroo Island
- Index to submissions
- Submissions 1 to 700
- Submissions 701 to 1000
- Submissions 1001 to 1059
- Submissions 1060 to 1372
- Commonwealth agency submissions
- State agency submissions
- Learn more about the KIPT development at Smith Bay, Kangaroo Island
- Fact sheet about public consultation on the KIPT development at Smith Bay (PDF, 1383 KB)