Ministerial Building Standards
19 Mar 2019
The new Plannning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016 has introduced a number of changes to the way that building and construction is to be undertaken in South Australia, including the conversion of Ministerial Building Specifications to Ministerial Building Standards.
The new Ministerial Building Standards seek to improve the quality and safety of building work across the state and provide clearer building rules under the National Construction Code.
The first five Standards are now on consultation and all building professionals are encouraged to provide their feedback by Friday 26 April 2019. Additional Standards will be released on consultation in due course.
- Read the five Ministerial Building Standards on consultation
- Email us with your submission
- Learn more about Building Reform
- Ministerial Building Standard SA 001 – Upgrading health and safety in existing buildings (PDF, 1474 KB)
- Ministerial Building Standard SA 002 – Maintaining the performance of essential safety provisions (PDF, 360 KB)
- Ministerial Building Standard SA 003 – Fire safety in caravan parks and residential parks (PDF, 564 KB)
- Ministerial Building Standard SA 004 – Swimming pool safety – upgrading safety barriers (PDF, 499 KB)
- Ministerial Building Standard SA 005 – Additional requirements for housing on designated Aboriginal lands (PDF, 402 KB)