Port Spencer Grain Export Facility Major Development
16 January 2020
The Minister for Planning has released the Amendment to the Public Environmental Report for a variation to the approved major development.
In 2012 the Port Spencer Deep Water Port was assessed and approved under the Major Development provisions of the Development Act 1993.
Peninsula Ports has now purchased the site from Centrex Metals and a variation has been sought to the current development authorisation, to establish a grain only export port. Storage and handling infrastructure for iron ore export is no longer proposed.
The Proponent has prepared an Amendment to the PER and it is now released for public comment until 5.00 pm, 21 February 2020. Submissions can be made via:
- letter or submission proforma addressed to:
Minister for Planning
C/- Robert Kleeman
Unit Manager Policy and Strategic Assessment
Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure
GPO Box 1815
ADELAIDE SA 5000
- email to email@example.com
- Read a fact sheet about this development (PDF, 417 KB)
- Read the Amendment to the PER:
- Fill in the submission proforma (PDF, 142 KB)
- Learn more about previous decisions and documents for the Port Spencer Major Development